You guys. I did it!
I finally finished my 2013 reading challenge!
As I talked about a year ago, I set out to read 12 specific books in 2013. They were:
- The Casual Vacancy – J.K. Rowling
- Everybody Has Everything – Katrina Onstad
- The Time Traveler’s Wife – Audrey Niffenegger
- Fall On Your Knees – Ann-Marie MacDonald
- Room – Emma Donoghue
- Little Women – Louisa May Alcott
- Anne of Green Gables – L.M. Montgomery
- The Whole Truth – Kit Pearson
- To Kill a Mockingbird – Harper Lee
- The Sisters Brothers – Patrick deWitt
- The Forgotten Garden – Kate Morton
- Me Before You – JoJo Moyes
And as of December 22nd, when I finally finished Little Women, I’m done!
Obviously I’m going to set another reading challenge for the new year, but first let’s take a walk down memory lane. This is going to be the fourth consecutive year I’ve done a reading challenge.
My 2011 reading challenge
Goal: Read 24 books (two per month, on average).
FAIL – I came up short… big time!
Total books read for the year: 19
My 2012 reading challenge
Goal: Read 12 specific books.
PASS – I had read them all by November 2012!
Total books read for the year: 28
My 2013 reading challenge
Read 12 specific books.
PASS – I’ve read them all, just in the nick of time!
Total books read for the year: TBD (should be 28 again)
My 2014 reading challenge
TBD. I am considering tackling a longer list this year, as well as having a higher “total books read” goal. But the goal has worked for me the last two years… so maybe I won’t t fix what’s not broken. Stay tuned!
Now, I’m going to do another post about my favourite books from 2013 (just like the 2012 version) but I do want to give a shout out to my favourite books from my 2013 reading challenge. They are:
- The Casual Vacancy
- To Kill a Mockingbird
- Me Before You
- The Sisters Brothers
These were all awesome and definitely get my recommendation!
Now, my question for you – are you planning a 2014 reading challenge? What is it?